A solar panel system is produced by photovoltaic (PV) cells which capture energy from the sun and convert it into usable electricity. The cells do not need direct sunlight to work. The principle is based on the conversion of energy from the sun to power and it can generate electricity even on a cloudy day. Energy produced by the cells can be used for lighting and be running household appliances.
Advantages of Solar Power
Reduction in electricity cost. Sun energy is free and once you installed your solar panels, you will not have to pay any electrical bills anymore.
- Get paid for surplus energy generated. Depending on the location, you can apply for feed in tariffs. Any excess power that you generate can be fed into the electric grid and the government will pay you for the energy
- Reduce carbon footprint. Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source and you do not have to burn any fossil fuel to get energy. Studies revealed that a home power system can save up to 2 tons of carbon per year.
- Reliable energy solution. Solar energy has proven to be a solution for the changing environment that needs conservation. Experts have found that solar power to be an alternative and a cheap source of power. It can be generated at different climates as long as there is exposure to the sun.
How Do Solar Cells Work?
Photovoltaic cells are made from a semi conductive material, usually silicon. When sunlight shines on the cells, it generates an electric field across the layers. When the sunshine is stronger, more energy is produced and it is passed across the layers and stored in batteries. Group of cells mounted on the solar panel modules can be placed strategically on the ground or on your roof. The measurement of photovoltaic cells is kilowatt peak. This is the rate at which peak performance of full direct sunlight shines on the photovoltaic cell. Photovoltaic cells come in a wide array of shapes and sizes and you can choose a panel type from the selection we offer.
Solar Slates and Tiles
These are designed to be used on the roof. The systems are made up of tiles that would suit any roof and based on your energy requirement, you can install solar tiles on your entire roof. Solar tile systems are cost effective for a person looking for an ultimate energy source throughout the year. Moreover, the slates and tiles look sleek and elegant.
How Much Does It Cost To Install Photovoltaic Cells?
The installation cost will be higher if you want to install solar panels in a commercial enterprise compared to a residential house. You should understand your energy needs and come up with a solid plan that will help you get the best from solar panel installation. The good news is that the cost of solar panel installation significantly reduced since the year 2008 and it could be a wise idea to check out this option. Feel free to fill our online application to get a quote.
Facts about Solar Panels
There are many myths and rumors about solar panels and you should have the right information to make a sound judgment. Some notable facts about solar panel include:
No noise pollution. Solar power system will be noiseless because there are no moving parts. Moreover, it only needs sunlight to produce power.
- Solar power is a reliable and sustainable type of energy because, much like wind, we won’t be running out of sunlight anytime soon.
- Solar energy produces zero pollution. We will not be adding carbon emissions to the ozone layer.
Solar Panel Installation
If you are thinking of installing solar panels in your business, residential or any commercial enterprise, this is the right idea. Solar energy is sustainable, renewable and is great to the environment. Moreover, it does not require regular maintenance. We provide excellent solar panel solutions and you can rely on us to provide you with the right energy solutions. Once you fill out the form on our website, we will provide you with the most accurate quote. Our customer support team is here to help you and you can ask as many questions as you like.
Why Choose Solar Panels?
Before you install solar panels, it is essential to understand the requirements of the solar installation.
- Energy usage- if you want a sufficient energy solution, you have to look into current energy consumption. From this, you will know the right solar panel to buy. We will give you solar panels to match your energy consumption.
- Location- Depending on your location, we have energy solutions to suit every need. If you live in a state where you receive regular sunlight, then choosing high-quality solar panels from us is the best solution.
- The size of the roof- this is important when calculating the total surface area needed. Solar panels come in different shapes and sizes and when you know the size of the roof, you can calculate the costs easily.
Solar Panel Maintenance
Solar panels need very little maintenance. All you have to do is to keep the solar panels clean and away from trees which may overshadow them. Debris accumulated on the panel should be removed to ensure that it provides maximum energy. Once fitted, you can make regular checks but you will not incur any extra cost because solar panels are effective on their own in removing debris when fitted at the right angle.
Solar energy has proven to be the least expensive source of power as compared to the traditional power sources. You will enjoy a low and fixed monthly rate. Do not hesitate any longer to have an efficient solar power system right away. Get in touch with us today and fill out our simple online form. Join your neighbors in installing affordable solar power systems. It is a decision you will not regret.
Kern Tech Solar
1801 Oak Street, #420. Bakersfield, CA 93301.
Phone: (800) 833-7542.